Tuesday, May 5, 2009

Update !


Heavy Texture...
My heavy texture paintings are done with knife, some being done with modeling paste first, others done direct with thick paint. The look is quite different between the 2. With direct paint, there are paint efffects that just can't be caught with the other method, and visa-versa. Using modeling paste creates a whole new surface to work with, which I prefer for doing design paintings such as the Decor paintings ( more to come ). The direct paint with knife I like to use when creating Hawaiian Plumeria, Tiki, Sunflowers etc... and Brush work with fine details always go to Las Vegas, and when working over Splash paintings. Splash paintings are all about the background and intense colors, the fine brush work over it must be as elegant to match. If you know my work, you would understand all these different methods of mine for creating. So far, these are the only methods I use, and I've found enjoyment in all of them , so do plan on continuing. With the release of my new limited Giclee paintings & prints, prices for Originals will rise, they will also be more intense. I still plan to fit all budgets, that's why I will do all sizes. If anyone has any comments, you can always log into this blog on the main blog page, add comments where ever you like. I've had a lot of requests for more Vegas paintings, and Hawaiian tiki, so I will be concentrating more on those.
Have a great week!
CB

Posted via email from CBjork Art & News

No comments:

Post a Comment

Direct From BjorkArtStudio.com - Blog Feed

About Me

My photo
www.bjorkartstudio.com

Followers